Vernaccia Wine

Share on

Vernaccia Wine

Vernaccia is a DOC (Controlled designation of origin) and DOCG (Controlled and guaranteed designation of origin) sparklinkg wine. Many authors and illustious people have celebrated its virtues. This excellent red-coloured sparkling wine comes from a very unique grape harvesting technique, during which half of the grapes harvested are left to dry on a trellis before being squeezed. Also what makes Vernaccia a high-quality wine is that its production has always been restricted to a small area. In fact, the area where these grapes are cultivated only extends for 45 hectares! Generally, to produce Vernaccia are needed 85% of grapes of the same name, and the remaining 15% of Sangiovese, Montepulciano, or Ciliegio grapes.

More info? Click here: http://turismo.comune.serrapetrona.mc.it/tradizioni/tipicita-la-vernaccia/

The MaMa portal is the product of passion and commitment of its authors.
Help us making it better by telling us your opinion:

Mama’s tips:

“Li Vurgacci” – This path, which winds through wooden bridges and footbridges, combines the beauty of nature with its proximity to the old town centre. It begins where the waters of the Potenza River cross Pioraco, in the place where a series of waterfalls, vortexes, pits and gorges, created from years and years of erosion, come to life, almost if by magic. Here there are also some rest areas where you can stop for a nice picnic.

Paper and Watermark Museum – Here you can have a rare experience, which consists in observing the hand-made creation of sheets of paper by the gualchiera, which will also allow you to witness the incredible use of tools and techniques typical of the 14th century.

River shrimp festival – In August, do not miss this event with food stands open for lunch and dinner, which pays tribute to one of the most incredible delicacies of the territory
– a crustacean of unique sweetness and flavour.

Souvenirs – Are you looking for a souvenir that will allow you to relive the town’s spirit? Then you have to buy one of the incredible filigree paper artifacts produced in the extraordinary Gualchiera Prolaquense.

Pioraco

Mama’s tips:

So much to do! – The main events of the town are the Italian Regularity Championship for Vintage Motorcycles (an Italian Classic Car Race Event, in June), “Città del Miele” (lit. “City of Honey”, in July), Festa della Montagna (Mountain Festival, in July), the Sagra degli Arrosticini (Arrosticini Food Festival), “Giornata Bandiera Arancione del TCI” (Orange Flag Day, in October) and Sagra della Castagna (Chestnut Festival, in October).

Green break – Are you ready to get lost among many trails, the conservation area of Polverina and Lake Boccafornace? The natural beauties of this territory will leave you speechless!

Enjoy! – The local cheeses, honey, chestnuts, legumes, beef, lamb, Varnelli liquors, trout and freshwater fish will enrich your table with unforgettable moments!

Rebirth – The community of this town rich in art and history is tenacious and eager to make you fall in love with the natural beauty offered by their territory.

Valfornace - popup